“Casting quality components calls for a high level of technical acumen and manufacturing expertise – two things that Spin-N-Cast has developed over the years, thanks to a combination of veteran engineers, best practices, cutting-edge tools and a robust infrastructure.”
One of the major reasons why centrifugal is the preferred method is that the end product has a fine grain microstructure and is free from porosity.
Other key benefits include:
- High wear quality .
- Perfect soundness fetching high mechanical properties.
- Excellent physical properties (high tensile, creep and fatigue strength) resulting in long-lasting castings .
- Improved resistance to wear and tear.
- Absolute pressure tightness.
- Elimination of blowholes and inclusions before finish machining.
- Lesser wastage of material, thanks to the low cast weight to finish weight ratio.
- Substantial reduction of equipment downtime resulting in cost- and time-efficient production.
Centrifugal vs Sand/Static Casting
Centrifugal casting unarguably has an upper hand over sand/static casting since the end result achieved upholds over 30% more physical properties when compared to the latter. Here’s a quick look at some prominent features that make centrifugal casting the favored process the world over:
|Particulars||Centrifugal Casting||Sand/Static Casting|
|Microstructure||Dense and uniform||Spongy and uneven|
|Grain Flow||Radial and uniform||Linear and Non-Uniform|
|Solidity||Uniform Hardness||Low and Non-Uniform Hardness|
|Impact Loads||Can withstand high impact load||Doesn’t sustain impact loads|